Friday, January 16, 2009

Roses

I am extremely picky when it comes to roses. I'm not a huge fan to begin with, so they have to be truly something to behold in order to catch my attention. I've worked in enough flower shops over the years to know which roses bloom the best, bloom the longest, are the most fragrant, etc.

Red are my least favorite for many reasons, so you can imagine my disappointment when I went to Costco for roses (they have fantastic roses at a great price) to decorate for Ella's tea party and the best looking variety were red. However, they looked gorgeous, matched our red and blue color scheme, and smelled lovely.

Even though I took care of them properly, I fully expected them to last only a few days and then die (they generally bloom fully, they just wilt and die) like the red ones always do. I was pleasantly surprised with this gorgeous result four days in.... lovely. Lucky me!






No comments: