Monday, September 13, 2010

Jake {Portrait of an 8 Year-Old}

My nephew Jacob turned eight today. When we visited last, Jake and I went out for a little photo shoot to take pictures for an announcement his mom is putting together for his upcoming baptism (in our religion, children are baptized at the age of eight). He's so excited about serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints when he's 19 that he wanted to incorporate his new suit and "future missionary" badge into the shoot. How clever. The jumping shots at the end were his reward for being so cooperative during the shoot. Works every time with boys his age...









we shot at the Idaho Falls Temple and two sisters missionaries stopped by to see what we were up to... and I made them get in a shot. They were thrilled :)



4 comments:

stacey said...

mmmm yummy tree bokeh. what a handsome boy!

Lori Smith said...

Les...these made me cry! They are so precious! Thank you so much! I Love you Forever.

Tiffany said...

What a cute kid. And great idea with the missionary bit, btw! You are so creative.

erin said...

Jake is super cute. And I love the bokeh. Of course.