Monday, February 13, 2012

Keep It Simple {Cupcake + Cake Decorations}


Seems like this time of year I live from one holiday to the next, and it makes all the difference in helping us to enjoy the winter.   I stumbled across images of these gorgeous cupcakes, and on Valentine's Day Eve they reminded me to keep it simple. 

The ingredients speak for themselves {rather than a cutesy sign that states the obvious- napkins! rice! baked potatoes!}and the baking cups beautifully accentuate what's on top and really take it up a notch in terms of sophistication.  I especially love the overall concept for the mint chocolate chip cookies.  They look amazing, and you know exactly what you are putting in your mouth.

All of these gorgeous cupcakes were made by the amazing Anne, for Sara & Shane's reception in Oregon last summer, and the fabulous cake was made by her husband.  Hand modeling by my faithful second-shooter Stacey.

















1 comment:

Alisha said...

Gorgeous! Do you remember what lens you used to shoot these? I'm in the market for a new one. If you know, please email me at themorganclan @ gmail . com. Thanks Lesley!