Saturday, November 29, 2008

Mama to Mama Hats

If you recall this post, I thought this was a fantastic idea for a service project... and I finally followed through and used this for a Mom&Me activity in our ward. We made about 25 hats total during the activity, and then I finished up a bunch after everyone left. In total we shipped off 52 hats to Mama to Mama.

This is one of the easiest projects I've ever done, and it would be a fantastic project for beginners, youth group projects, or a service project with experienced sewers. I cranked out about 25 hats in about an hour and a half (cutting, pinning, sewing, and tying knots) if that gives you an indication of how simple this project is...

... and I can see why the stretch in the fabric is an absolute necessity. We tried them on the babies at our activity and they fit the heads of babies from 3 months to 21 months.

Shirts from the Gap made the coziest hats... and striped shirts made the cutest.

To those of you who participated, thanks! I think we'll be doing this one again...




No comments: