Monday, October 19, 2009

Wee Wonderfuls {Sewing}

My daughter has been really into baby dolls lately. She has one, but I've been on the lookout for a lovely little doll for her to play with that isn't frightening or ridiculously expensive. I think it's impossible.

I was elated to recall Wee Wonderfuls and her delightful, fully customizable dolls. This will be one of my Christmas projects and I couldn't be more exited about it. It's mostly machine sewing with a bit of detail hand work. The pattern is extremely detailed and the instructions regarding how to attach the hair are fantastic.

I'll be sure to post back when it's finished... just thought some of you out there may be looking for a great handmade idea for Christmas this year.




2 comments:

Christina G. said...

So, so, so cute. Too bad we have 7 nephews (almost 8!) I'll have to keep these in mind for when my niece (now only 7 months) actually cares :)

Emily said...

I'm so glad you posted this! I saw these too and was really thinking about getting the pattern. I want to make Morgan a doll for Christmas. I have this old pattern/set around that I might just use, but then these may be next...

(and yes, I'm just now catching up on comments I wanted to leave on blogs)