Saturday, May 29, 2010

Caramel Popcorn {the best recipe ever}


I'm reposting yet another recipe. This time for something sweet! My Aunt Lesley's caramel popcorn. Yes, my aunt and I have the same name and spelling... she married into our family, so it was just a coincidence... and it's really confusing whenever they come to visit :) She's an amazing cook and shared this easy recipe to me. I haven't made it in a while, but after trying it again I think it will be hard not to make a batch a week. Or twice a week.

Instead of hand-shaping the popcorn balls, I cheated a little bit. I poured the hot popcorn onto a cookie sheet for a few minutes, and once it cooled enough for me to touch it I scooped the popcorn into muffin pans (both standard and mini sizes) and they did the work for me. I'm definitely doing it this way from now on.



AUNT LESLEY'S CARAMEL POPCORN


Ingredients:
3-4 batches of popcorn (air popper), or 3 bags of microwave popcorn
1 stick of butter
1 Cup Light Karo Syrup
1 can sweet and condensed milk
2 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Melt:
butter, corn syrup, sweet & condensed milk, and sugar. Bring to a soft ball stage (boil about 5 minutes). Remove from head and add vanilla.

Pour caramel over popcorn and stir thoroughly. Spread onto cookie sheet lined with wax paper and allow to cool.


No comments: