Saturday, July 10, 2010

Salads, Smoothies, and Sandwiches {Our favorites}

Salads, smoothies, and sandwiches... essentially what we've been living on this summer. My daughter loves them, my husband loves them, and they make us feel happy. I'll try to post more as we come up with new flavor combinations, but I'd love to hear of any suggestions you have for favorite recipes in any of these three categories.

Favorites have been (that we have taken pictures of):

strawberry, mango, pineapple, banana with honey greek yogurt, orange juice, and a few ice cubes (Mommy-sized and toddler-sized)



Watermelon-Strawberry slushies (my favorite treat by far this entire summer), find the recipe HERE



buttered, toasted whole wheat artisan bread (from Costco- can you tell we like Costco?), and bacon, turkey, ham with mayo and a bit of deli mustard.



artisan mix lettuce (from Costco) grilled chicken, bacon, tomatoes, cheese cubes, croutons , and ranch dressing (and the toddler "on the side" version)



artisan mix lettuce, cous cous, peaches, sliced almonds, Brianna's Homestyle Poppy Seed Dressing


Any recommendations? I'd love to hear what your favorites are...

4 comments:

Marc and Kim Wheeler said...

MMMMMMMM,your pictures are making me hungry and thirsty,they look so good. Our favorite smoothie we have been making recently is a blueberry raspberry drink. We take raspberry shertbet, a little vanilla ice cream and organic blueberries and throw it in the blender. It is sooooo good! I am going to make all those you listed, it looks so good!

The Jessee Journal said...

We take the strawberry/watermelon combo and freeze it for popsicles, SO GOOD :)

Amy said...

Those look delicious! Especially that grilled chicken salad. I'm jealous that your hubby and Ella love it too!

Jane said...

Yum! You're making me hungry. Try this salad - spinach, strawberries, blueberries, candies pecans and Brianna's poppyseed dressing. It's delish!