Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Room Update {for our little girl}

When we brought our son home from the hospital, I wanted to do something special for Ella... so I planned ahead and made her a quilt, a doll, and a doll quilt. I didn't even know if she'd notice the change, but she certainly did. She was elated, and immediately picked up her doll and wrapped her in the baby blanket. She's been dragging her "dollie" around ever since we gave it to her, and she only wants to sleep with her "yellow blanket" as she calls it.

I'm sure it didn't make much difference to her, but it made a big difference to me to know the time and effort that went into those gifts. Hopefully she felt our love and felt special too (not that baby was getting all the attention and presents) It made our son's homecoming even more special.

Here's the before and after (both are missing some of her cute throw pillows, and I should have ironed the bed-skirt- hindsight is 20/20 people).


2 comments:

linds said...

So beautiful! I love the quilt!

Ashley said...

I absolutely love the quilt! The colors are so beautiful. And I can't believe you made the doll...you are amazing.