Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Adam + Tiffany {Maternity Portraits}

I absolutely love maternity shoots. The anticipation, the excitement, the nervous soon-to-be daddy, and the glowing mother-to-be. What a wonderful time of life.

Adam and Tiffany have waited a long time for their little bundle of joy, and as you can see, they are absolutely thrilled. They were a pleasure to photograph from start to finish and we had more fun than we should have at the old Lehi Train Depot and the various obliging backdrops we found nearby. Adam and Tiffany made me feel right at home, and though we came as strangers, we left as friends. What a lucky baby to be joining this family. Congratulations, you two (and good luck)!

ps. My fabulous sister Erin was my second shooter and you can see some of her shots HERE. And just for the record, if you're interested in photography and you ever have a chance to second-shoot, do it! It's great to watch and learn, it's wonderfully stress-free, and you get to leave the hard jobs to the primary shooter (posing, making everyone feel comfortable, etc.) and focus on the details and candid shots. It's a blast and I highly recommend it. Though take a lesson from Erin because she's the best second I've ever had: don't shoot over the primary shooter's shoulder (find a different angle to capture), be a help when you can (fixing wardrobes, acting like an idiot to make a child smile in a family portrait, etc.), and do your best to be attentive and stay out of the primary shooter's way. The end.

Now on to the pictures:

















2 comments:

Kendra said...

Oh my goodness! So cute! These are my besties and I am glad she actually got a picture of her bump before the baby came! :) Great shots. Still wish you were in Utah so we could take a trip down for some pictures! But I love seeing your work!

Jenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.