Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Casa Barilla in Central Park {New York City}

My friends and I took our kids paid a visit to Casa Barilla in Central Park a few weeks back, and it was absolutely wonderful. Not only did they have a Piccolini Playground with three stations full of fun games and activities just for kids (including pasta making and free apron too), but there were also free cooking classes and demos, a sample bar, and everyone left with a goodie bag. Did you know that Barilla launched a line of Piccolini Pasta that is packed with a full serving of veggies? Seriously? Awesome. 

Why am I posted in this in retrospect, you ask? Well,  I saw one of the coolest ideas for an at-home herb garden that I've ever seen. I'd love to do a mini version of this at home on my kitchen table, or on my kitchen counter against the back splash.  It's perfect, don't you think?  The rest of the pics are just for fun. Oh, and I met Ellie Kreger there too. She is just lovely.




  



No, thank you.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It was a fun even, wasn't it. Ellie's daughter goes to our school. I work with her on our Wellness committee. She is really nice and does some great things for the school. Our school just won a wellness award because of alot of the work she has done. :) Just a little plug for our school.

David said...

Cute post! I'm so glad we went. What a cute pic of Arden.