Friday, January 27, 2012

Palm Beach, Aruba {Marriott Resort + Beach}






























 










p.s.  we were in Aruba during an uncharacteristically overcast/rainy week.  It was still amazing.  Amazing, I tell you.  We already have a return trip planned with our children.  We can't wait!  These pictures were taken over the course of our stay.  Looking back, I wish I'd taken more of the fantastic food we ate, as well as some of us relaxing on the beach.  Let's just say, I was too lazy to take my camera, because I knew if I did I wouldn't be able to get into the water.  Or relax, because I'd be too busy thinking about sand getting into my camera.  Ugh. 

p.p.s.  If you ever find yourself in Aruba, you must eat at Simply Fish at the Marriott Resort.  It is right on the beach, and you are encouraged to eat shoeless with the sand between your toes.  It's perfect for a special occasion. Most people would categorize it as "expensive" unless they are from NYC.  Then it goes in the "normal" category.

p.p.p.s.  Did I mention that this is one of the most kid-friendly places I've ever vacationed?  The water is calm, the weather is lovely, the pools are amazing, and at the Marriott resort there are playgrounds, kids rooms, kids activities all day, movie screenings in the evening, and even an incredible lazy river. It's amazing!  Definitely a great spot for east coasters wishing they were a bit closer to Hawaii. 

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Extremely jealous right now.

Steve and Nicole said...

This looks so relaxing! I swear I think it helped ME to relax a little just looking at the pictures! Beautiful Lesley

Brooke said...

My word, these should ALL be on their website Lesley! I really want to visit there. I wasn't sure if you really loved it or not, but that is so great you get to go back with your kids. Wish we could join you...