Monday, March 5, 2012

L's Baby Shower + Spa Night {New York City}

I attended a friend's baby shower a few weeks back, and I was absolutely blown away.  I offered to take a few pictures, and looking back, I was surprised I took this many because I was too busy relaxing and enjoying myself.

Her sister and friends knew that this would be the perfect way to celebrate and enjoy some girl time before L welcomes baby number three.  This spa night was especially perfect for NYC, where life as a mother is far from glamorous (it's not glamorous anywhere, but especially not here. It's a personal photo project I've been meaning to take on since I moved here... stay tuned).   Extra pampering is absolutely in order for NYC mommies-to-be. 

It was perfectly planned from start to finish and included the following:
  • An amazing dinner
  • Sprinkles cupcakes and homemade key lime cheesecake bites
  • A guided meditation session led by a professional
  • Homemade scrub + spa facial bar
  • Mani-pedi station
  • Gorgeous gift bags +  darling cards with instructions for homemade scrubs and spa facials, and at-home mani-pedis
My favorite part? Laying on the living room floor with my homemade guacamole/yogurt/oatmeal/lemon mask on my face and cucumbers over my eyes. Ahhhh. So relaxing.    It was an amazing evening, and it was hands-down the most unique shower I've ever been to. I was so happy to be a part of it.
 
Relax, and enjoy.
 


 


 



 


 
 
 

 

 




 

 

 



3 comments:

Kendra said...

wow! that looks glorious!

Unknown said...

Love these pictures!

Hailey said...

It looks amazing! And now I'm hungry!