Monday, November 14, 2011

Goldilocks and the Baby Bear {Newborn Portraits}

This Halloween costume-themed shoot is one I will always remember. This darling newborn joined her family 2 days before Halloween, and they wanted to do something a bit different for her newborn session.   What an incredible way to illustrate this family's moment in time on so many levels.  A curious toddler, a perfect little newborn (in a hand-knitted baby bear costume) a gorgeous location in NYC neighborhood, and all the whimsy and wonder associated with childhood.  Simply brilliant.  I love my clients.  

We'll be shooting more traditional portraits of baby G and her family soon, but I absolutely love this approach. Don't you?

Once upon a time...
























 



 
 



and in the arms of Mommy Bear




 The End.


ps. What was so brilliant about this shoot (aside from the obvious) was that their mom made it as much about her toddler as it was about her newborn.  I've seen some serious sibling rivalry associated with newborn shoots, but not here.  I guess that's the key. Give everyone some camera love.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow these are great pictures!

Steve and Nicole said...

AMAZING! as always :) seriously amazing gorgeous pictures...what a cute little girl too

Kendra said...

Darling! :)

Bombshell Char said...

D'aaaaahh! I'm dying, my girls are so gorgeous! Thanks Les, I love them!

Rosemary said...

So beautiful! What a darling sweet family. And I love Amelia's dress!

Stephanie Braithwaite said...

As always, you are amazing. Love the photos. And what a gorgeous baby, Charlotte!