Friday, December 5, 2008

The most wonderful time of the year

We were at the grocery store picking up Ella's prescription (poor girl has an ear infection, a sore throat-the doctor said so- a UTI, and her front tooth is coming down. Ouch) She was so sad and whiny and really needed a nap...

As I was unbuckling her from the shopping cart seat she stopped whimpering and got really excited. Arms flapping, excited smile, shrieking, the works. And what was the cause of her excitement? I turned around and noticed a giant (quite frightening) Santa Claus staring back at us. "Merry Christmas, Ella!" I said, and she just looked at me and grinned. I know she doesn't know who Santa is, but it still warmed my heart.

I've waited my whole life to experience the holidays with the child. Every moment has been magical so far.

No comments: