Thursday, May 21, 2009

Another reason why I love Apple.

So, my Applecare runs out on my Macbook next week. I've had it for three years, with no major problems (just an adapter cord and battery that they replaced) I made an appointment at the Genius Bar at Regent Street- super super cool Apple Store, by the way=because there are a few things that aren't terribly wrong, just annoying about the way my machine runs so I thought I'd have them checked out before the three year warranty expires.

To make a long story short, they:

1. decided to replace the CD/DVD combo drive
2. figured out how to fix my flickering LCD
3. gave me a new adapter cord

and did it all in five minutes flat with absolutely no hassle. And they brought Ella apple juice.

And the repair will be done tomorrow.

I love macs because of the software bundles they come with, their usability, fabulous interface, functionality for my purposes (mostly photography, design, etc.) and their gorgeous, simple designs. They are just beautiful in so many ways. Their customer service is pretty amazing too (unless you missed some promo they won't give you in retrospect, huh Rinny).

People whine and complain about how silly and expensive macs are. You can talk all you want but I'll never go back to PCs. Never. Whether or not Kyle likes it, I'm a mac user for life.

Next on my list? 24" iMac. Yea baby

2 comments:

erin said...

You're just jealous of mine. :)

Emily said...

What's cool about this story has almost nothing to do with Apple. What's awesome is that you got to take your computer to the store on Regent Street. AHHHH.

I've got to figure out how to live in London again someday. Or at least go on an extended visit. I don't even know how to explain why I love it, I just do. Maybe it was meeting you guys there, and it'll never be the same again. Hehe. I hope not, though. I mean, I hope it's just cool because it is. Okay, I'll stop now. I'm making no sense.