Thursday, May 20, 2010

Cheesecake Factory's Louisiana Chicken {make this for dinner!}





This is one of our favorite dishes, but it's definitely for special occasions because it's a lot of work (though absolutely worth it). And not a meal for those on a diet of any kind since its main 'fillers' are heavy cream, butter, and Parmigiano Reggiano, and the chicken is breaded and fried. Not so kind to the waistline.

I posted about it a while back, and after making it again last week I decided that I need to tell those of you who didn't heed my words last time, MAKE THIS. It's amazing.

Do yourself a favor and have the butcher pound your chicken flat for you- trust me. And also be sure to put extra Parmigiano Reggiano and red pepper flakes on top for that extra kick of flavor. Mmmm.

Get the recipe HERE: http://kensingtonblue.blogspot.com/2009/03/louisiana-chicken.html




1 comment:

sambrooks said...

I'm definitely going to make this. It looks delicious. By the way, one trick that works pretty well for getting the chicken breast thin if you buy them already frozen is to just thaw it partially, hold it flat against the cutting board, and slice it horizontally. If it's still slightly frozen, it slices really clean and easily. Pounding is such a hassle--it always seems to fall apart on me or end up not thin enough.