Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day in the Life of a Tourist {A Few New York City Sights}

My in-laws came to NYC for the first time a few weeks back, and on their first day here we tried to hit most of the "must see" sights so that we could relax and enjoy the rest of their stay. It totally worked. The rest of their stay was relaxing and lovely.  But, the first day was kind of crazy. 

We saw the following sights between 10 am and about 5pm with two kids in tow, and if you've been here and seen these places you'll know it's a tall order:  Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Wall Street, Trinity Church, Ground Zero, Grand Central Station, Bryant Park, and Times Square (no travel pics from the last two).  I hadn't seen the Statue of Liberty + Ellis Island for over 8 years. Let's just say with those lines and all the frantic tourists, it will be at least another 8 :)













p.s. This is my 500th post on this blog. Craziness!

2 comments:

erin said...

Reminds me of the time that we took the ferry to Staten Island and got stranded for an hour late at night.. ha ha ha.

I think Ellis Island is oh-so intriguing. I would like to go back sometime, but don't worry I won't make you come with me. :)

stacey said...

that is quite the day! you guys packed it all in. you sure live in a cool place.