Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Live, Work, Create {18th Street Wall Art}


I don't know about you, but I think it's a pity that my creative endeavors are often the last priority in my life.  I realize that food, a clean home, being social, earning money to pay rent and expenses, and sleeping are important... but when I make time to for creative pursuits (whether that's photography, sewing, cooking, visiting a museum, going to a show, etc.), I am happier all around. 

Perhaps it's because I have to work so hard to make it to "create" after "live, work" that it's all the more rewarding?

Do you feel the same way?


1 comment:

Heidi said...

Yes, yes, yes. Indeed it is worth prioritizing. It makes us happier mothers to feel a bit of self-actualization on a regular basis. Yet WHY is it so hard to schedule more often into life?