What you need:
melon baller (or a metal 1 tsp measuring spoon)
mini cupcake liners (optional)
- Use a melon baller to cut out circles from your apple. Depending on how big your apples are, and which end of the melon baller you use, you can get 6-8 mini apples per apple.
- Press a lollipop stick into the colored portion of the apple
- Dab the entire mini apple with a paper towel if you are dipping immediately, or leave on a paper towel to try.
- Melt the caramels as directed on the package
- Dip the mini apples into the melted caramel
- Roll in sprinkles if desired (though, I recommend NOT using black sprinkles if they are not going to be consumed the same day- mine dissolved and discolored the bottom of some of my lovely caramel apples- not cool)
- Place mini apple into a mini cupcake liner (optional, but I think it adds a darling touch, helps your guests pick them up, and keeps your platter clean!)
- Serve on a platter, or wrap them individually in lollipop plastic bags (you can find them where Wilton cake supplies are sold, and probably the same place you'll find the lollipop sticks)