Sunday, October 25, 2009

Road to Hana {Hawaii}

Here are a few images from our journey to Hana. This drive certainly lived up to expectations, and we were grateful that we beat the crowds by starting at 6:30 am. We felt like we had the road to ourselves and stopped, whenever we had the chance, to get out and explore. From the arboretums to the botanical gardens, the amazing overlooks and incredibly green vegetation, it was spectacular to say the least. It was amazing to drive past Hana and see the seven sacred pools (probably my favorite site of the whole trip) and then to see how different the other side of the island was- see the bottom right photo and you will know what I mean.

Definitely do this if you go to Maui. And make sure you rent a convertible. It's worth it for this drive alone.














1 comment:

Jenny and Al said...

The road to Hana and swimming in the Seven Sacred Pools is just about all I remember from when my family went to Hawaii when I was in Jr. High. I'm glad you did it, too. What beautiful pictures! I'm drooling.